[Day 1 – Thursday, 25th July 2019]
- Kuching to Penang with Air Asia AK5437, departed at around 22:30.
Did you know that Air Asia has direct flight to and fro Kuching from Penang? It’s been around for ages but many didn’t know about it. 14 flights a week!
- Check in G Suites at Mansion One (57-11-13, Mansion One, Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah, George Town, 10050 George Town, Pulau Pinang)
[Day 2 – friday, 26th July 2019]
- Breakfast at Hot Bowl White Curry Mee (58-C, Jalan Rangoon, 10400 Penang).
- Drove from Penang to Ipoh.
- Lunch at Restoran Delicious (37-45, Lorong Taman Ipoh 1, Taman Ipoh selatan; 31400 Ipoh, Perak) for lunch. *Typo in the video
- Drove from Ipoh to Cameron Highlands.
- Check-in Imperial Court Apartment (Brinchang, 39100 Cameron Highlands, Pahang), can fit 10 pax in it. Free WiFi and parking available.
[Day 3 – Saturday, 27th July 2019]
- We brought our own breakfast to Cameron Highlands.
- Visited Cameron Lavender Garden(59, Brinchang, 39100 Brinchang, Pahang). Spent 1 hour 15 minutes there.
- Then, it rained. We had to go to Cameron Square for lunch instead as we’re traveling with a toddler and a baby.
- Lunch at Xin Teh Bak Kut Teh(Lot G-18(B), Cameron Square, Jalan Aranda Novaï¼ŒGreencow, 39100 Brinchang, Pahang).
- Then bought a Cendol cheesecake from Strawberry Cottage(Lot G-13, Cameron Square, Brinchang, 39100 Cameron Highlands, Pahang). It was awesome! Tasted great, beyond our expectations.
- Went to MR AISU Ice Cream Cafe(C-G-29, Barrington Square, Jalan Golden Hills 1, Taman Cameron Golden Hills, 39000, Pahang), only opens on Friday and Saturday. Another outlet(No. 5, Gerai Berhampiran Pasar, 39100 Brinchang, Pahang) opens daily except Wednesday.
- When the rain stopped, we went to Brinchang Weekend Night Market(only available Friday and Saturday) for a walk. It is just opposite MR AISU.
- Dinner at Delicious & Happiness Kitchen(No.16, Bawah Jalan Angsana 1, Brinchang Point Cameron Highlands, 39100 Brinchang, Pahang)
[Day 4 – Sunday, 28th July 2019]
- Check-out Imperial Court Apartment.
- Brunch at Restoran You De Chi (can’t find the address in Google hmm…), same row as Harmony Inn(No 10a, Jalan Angsana 3, Brinchang, 39100 Brinchang, Pahang).
- Drove back to Ipoh.
- Check-in Prima Condominium Ipoh.
- Dinner at an unknown Chinese restaurant in Ipoh ;p Was tired and was busy entertaining a toddler hahaha… So I didn’t bother to take much photos or video.
[Day 5 – Monday, 29th July 2019]
- Check- out Prima Condominium Ipoh.
- Go to Concubine Lane for snack. The place is hard to find parking, we ended up parking at a private car park where we were charged RM5 for 2 hours. Do go there on weekdays before 11am to avoid the afternoon sun which can be very hot and also avoid the crowd. The earlier you arrive, the better chance for you to secure a parking. It took us quite awhile to look for parking.
- Ding Feng Tau Fu Fa aka Concubine Lane made up of 3 streets but we only went to 2 because there’s really nothing much, the most happening is at is the Concubine Lane aka Lorong Panglima. Wife Lane and Second Concubine Lane has some wall paintings and decorations for photo opportunities and without the crowd.
- We took a break at Cups & Cubes Cafe(No 10, Jalan Panglima, 30000 Ipoh, Perak) for Assam Laksa, just to try it out.
- Then we moved to Concubine Lane Tau Fu Fa(8, Jalan Panglima, 30000 Ipoh, Negeri Perak) for Teocher Tau Fu Fa. Not bad! Not expensive too.
- We then walked to Market Lane aka the Second Concubine Lane for a quick photo. We didn’t go to Wife Lane.
Went to Chooi Yue Dim Sum(2, 4 & 6, Tingkat Taman Ipoh 12, Taman Ipoh Selatan, 31400 Ipoh, Negeri Perak) for dim sum lunch.
- Before heading back to Penang, we went to hunt for some durians. After the durian feast, we continued our journey to Penang.
- Stopped by Xing Fu Tang Bukit Mertajam(13, Jalan Juru, Sentral, Juru Sentral14000 Bukit Mertajam, Pulau Pinang) for milk tea break.
- Continued driving to 77 Bali Bali Cafe(Sungai Dua, Penang) for dinner.
- Check in Econtel Queensbay(64, Persiaran Bayan Indah, Bayan Bay11900 Bayan Lepas, Pulau Pinang). OMG! It’s just opposite a music lounge. If you need to sleep, you really don’t want to stay here. The music and singing was loud till you could feel the vibration in the room. You thought you were inside the lounge -.-” music didn’t stop until after 1am.
[Day 6 – Tuesday, 30th July 2019]
- Check-out Econtel Queensbay.
- Brunch at HK Boy Cart Noodle(Unit 73-1-1, Ideal@The One, Jalan Mahsuri, 11950 Bayan Lepas, Penang).
- Off to IKEA(752, Persiaran Cassia Selatan 8, 14110, Lebuhraya Bandar Cassia, Penang) we went. Did some shopping spree here *LOL* I didn’t buy anything until for the past 5 days because there’s really nothing that fancied me.
- Before heading to the airport, we went to Design Village Outlet Mall(733, Jalan Cassia Barat 2, Bandar Cassia, 14110, Penang). Bought nothing because it’s all too expensive because was comparing it to the UK ;p
- Headed to Penang International Airport for McD dinner and to go back to Kuching with Air Asia, AK5436, departed at around 18:30.
Welcome back to Kuching, Sarawak.
I hope you will find this post useful in helping you to decide where to go when you’re in Penang, Ipoh, and Cameron Highlands. We didn’t go to many places because we have a baby and a toddler with us. It was also raining at Cameron Highlands.
Next trip… Maybe Sabah. Might just look around for pakej percutian ke sabah. That would save me all the troubles in planning for the trip *LOL*