It’s my 1001th post for using WordPress!!! *CLAP CLAP CLAP* 😛 My 1000th post is taken up by a sponsor hahaha… So I can only announce it on my 1001th post *LOL*
I hope the tech support from Dell will come today… I hope it can be fixed on the spot. All my latest data are in there, I can’t do much with my old laptop except doing things that I have copies online, those not stored online, it’s all in XPS. *SWEAT*
On this 1001th post, I’m going to tell you that I’m jinxed to the max!! Sigh… Every single gadget that is belonged to me and bought by me will sure have problem during its lifetime. This XPS is less than 3 month old only ok?!?!? Don’t ask me to go into the BIOS, I totally cannot even see a startup screen, how to go into BIOS? It happened after Windows update. It must be caused by the stupid Windows update. Just one update and that’s it, how “lucky” am I? I hope I’m not going to be charged with maintenance fee later. I hope they will come today! Must come today!!! Else I’m going to file a complain because the tech support told me yesterday that he’ll “most probably” send one over today. Do they keep their words or not? I’m not so sure with the “most probably” hmm…
So far, Dell tech support is good but their warranty team and customer service team are BAD! I was asking about extended warranty and it took them more than one week to reply me after I pressured the tech support team for the extended warranty quotation. Then when I got it, I have some parts that I’m not so sure and want to seek clarificiations but no respond from them for more than two weeks. During this period of time, I sent 4 e-mails containing the same questions and the quotation expired also.
Then I decided to just take up the offer given in the quotation that it will upgrade my current warranty and extend my warranty for another 2 years. I e-mailed them again asking whether the quotation still valid or not but no respond at all!!! How am I going to pay you when you don’t repsond to me?!?! I don’t want to pay and then later telling me that the quotation is no longer valid and need me to add on money for it again! This is so not right. Till now, I’m still stuck with this one year limited warranty thanks to the warranty team! “Lucky” me, there’s a problem now! If they are going to charge me for it, I will going to make sure Dell is going to compensate me for all the stress and time wasted! How am I going to do it? Blog big big about it? 😛 I don’t know… It’s not like I’m having 10K visitors per day hahaha…
We’ll wait and see… Still waiting for the tech support call to come over. Hmmm…
Let’s see how bad I’m jinxed:
1. My first laptop, Toshiba (don’t remember the model but it was pretty high end that cost about RM5K+), it “electrocuted” me whenever I typed. -.-” At the end, they refunded me fully as they cannot replace it, the model was no longer in production and it’s a factory defect, that’s what they said. All happened in 2 weeks time.
2. My second laptop, the one I’m using now, NEC also cost RM5K but slightly few hundreds cheaper than Toshiba with specification so much lower than Toshiba gave me problem in less than one week with the screen! My screen was “sliced” into half by a vertical blue line -.-” Sent it to repair. Two weeks later, it’s done but there were huge ugly scratches on my casing, it was so ugly! I demanded them to replace the whole unit to me but they said they could only change new casing for me. It took them another 2 weeks or so because they need to ship the casing over.
3. My home PC, I decided on the specs and it gave problem too not long after we used it.
4. My current camera, Canon Ixus i zoom, battery contact problem ever since the first time I used. Solved and using it until now. More than 2 years already.
5. XPS… Elaborated just now.
All these are the gadgets I owned so far since 2003. At least my mobile phone never give me any problem. I only have 2 mobile phones so far. My previous Canon Ixus was OK too because it’s not bought by me and I’m not the one choosing it also.
That’s why if people ask me to recommend eletronical gadgets, I won’t say too much. I never want to help anyone buy any gadget also. I’m very “lucky” with them *LOL* Hmm… Next time my DSLR, I think I better don’t go buy it myself, I’ll ask people to help me buy hahaha…