Off to the airport at 3pm+, it was raining.
Checked in our luggage and waited at the departure hall. The flight wasn’t very packed but there were some passengers that were really pain in the ass. Tiger Airways is indeed very budget, so budget that some very “civilized” people can afford to fly. However most of the time, it’s still more expensive than Air Asia. These people should be banned from any flight, they were really pain in the ass and jeopardized others’ safety.
Although I do not fly a lot, from my experiences with MAS and Air Asia, both passengers were quite civilized but this is my first time encounter so many “civilized” people in a flight. I really pitied the flight crews. People used to say that, Air Asia can offer very cheap flight, it means anybody can fly so there will surely be many no or low class passengers, if you know what I mean.
However, Tiger really proves this point to me. From the start of the flight to the end of the flight, there’re so many problematic and kay kiang passengers.
1. Before taking off, so many of them didn’t bother to switch of the phones and the flight crews had to watch them closely to make sure they switch off their phones, one by one!
2. Seat belt sign was on, the plane was still climbing, there were so many clicks heard, those stupid people unbuckled their seat belts! Some even closed the window shades. You shouldn’t do that! It should be remained open in case there’s emergency so that flight crews or other passengers will know and act accordingly. Read this…
3. Plane still climbing, some people wanted to rush to the toilet. What the?!?! The flight crew had to tell them to sit down until the seat belt sign was off to use the toilet. You will hurt yourself during this time if you walk around or get yourself hurt in the toilet! Common sense ok?!?
4. Once the seat belt sign was off, those people rushed to the toilet and at the same time, some phones started to ring! GAH! STUPID! You want to kill everyone on the plane is it? You don’t want to live, others still want to live. Blardy hell! Flight crew had to make announcement to remind them to switch off their phone.
5. When reached Singapore, the plane had just touched down and immediately we heard seat belts unbuckled again! Next, some more wanted to rush to the toilet and the flight crew had to instruct them to sit down until the plane came to a stop. *shake head* Then the flight crew had to make announcement again. Not only that, phones started to ring again! AIYOOO!
These things really get on my nerves. These people are really selfish, they do not allow to be on board. Just because of the minority, it will cause serious problem to the majority. Putting others’ lives at risk. I know there are always very “civilized” passenger in every flight and I’m sure it’s something common that the flight crews have to handle but this was the worst I’ve seen.
On the day we came back, same thing happened and it’s even more chaotic and I could sense the flight crews were almost going to blow their cool. Pitied them. This will be story for other time.
Anyway, the flight took 1 hour and 5 minutes to reach Singapore, we arrived 10 minutes early. The flight was noisy, never been on such noisy flight, as if the noise insulation wasn’t enough. Hmm…
Tiger Airways lands at the budget terminal and the terminal was indeed budget hahaha… No escalator, it’s all walk, walk, walk, and walk… Long way to walk. Need to take the free shuttle to Terminal 2 to take the MRT. We took MRT from Changi to Sembawang(SGD3/person, SGD1 will be refunded to you once you return the card to the machine) which took us about 1 hour+. It was late, so after we had dinner, off we went to sleep. By the way, was staying with my aunt so didn’t spend much money.