I have one recipe to share with you. We always have tilapia at home. Usually what my mom do with it is by steaming it with some ginger and garlic, sometimes will add in a bit of salted vegetables. It’s best eaten when it’s still hot and dip the tilapia meat with chili+soy sauce. Yummy… This is the best way to eat tilapia if it’s very fresh.
However, sometimes it’s not that fresh to steam so we will fried it. Just want to share a recipe here with you and also as my future reference:
1 pound of Tilapia fillets
Â½ teaspoon of salt
Â½ teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
Â¼ cup of flour (preferably all-purpose flour)
2 egg whites
Â¼ cup of yellow cornmeal
Â¼ cup of seasoned bread crumbs
1 teaspoon of dried thyme
1 teaspoon of dried marjoram
– Start by preheating the oven to 400Â° Fahrenheit.
– Cut the Tilapia fillets into four serving pieces if necessary.
– Place the Tilapia fillets in ice water and allow them to soak for a few minutes.
– Rinse the Tilapia fillets under cold running water, before you carefully pat them dry with a paper towel or similar.
– Place salt, pepper and flour in a shallow pan or plate and mix them together.
– Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks, and disregard the egg yolks. Beat the egg whites until they are white and foamy and put them in another shallow pan or plate.
– Place yellow cornmeal, bread crumbs, dried thyme and dried marjoram in a separate shallow pan or plate and blend the ingredients together.
– Cover the Tilapia fillets by first dipping them into the flour mix and then into the egg white mix.
– Finnish by carefully covering the Tilapia fillets completely in the bread crumb mix.
– Use cooking spray to coat a low sided baking pan.
– Put the Tilapia fillets in the baking pan and bake them in the oven during 10-12 minutes. The fried Tilapia is ready when it is easy to flake the fish using a fork.