Was given with some dragon fruits few weeks back and the texture and the colour were turning almost everyone off. I thought why not make dragon fruit jelly? At least it will be easier to eat than eating the whole thing just like that.
So I did… All ingredients were roughly estimated, well… I’m not the kind that can stick to a recipe ;p. If you want it to be sweeter add more sugar. As for the jelly(agar-agar) strip and water, I just followed the instructions on the packaging; as for the dragon fruit, I just use the whole dragon fruit, small one.
1. Boil the water.
2. Add in the jelly(agar-agar) strips.
3. Let it dissolves as much as you can.
4. Add in sugar, up to how sweet you want it to be.
5. Stir until the sugar dilutes. If there’s still some strips that can’t seem to dissolve, just scoop those out.
6. Add in partially/completely mashed dragon fruit. You can also opt to have it in cubes. It’s up to you.
7. Stir for a while until it boils.
8. Off the fire and transfer to the tray for cooling.
9. Once it’s cooled, place into fridge.
The colour is so strong! It’s natural colour so you don’t have to worry. I think you can use this colour for tang yuen or even cakes or cookies rather than using those artifical colourings. It even stained my fingers and took a while to get rid of the colour.