Here’s another cookie that I did for Chinese New Year.
200g plain flour
30g corn flour
30g milk powder
1 teaspoon mixed spices(Make sure they are in powder form. I’m not sure you can buy them in powder form or not. If you can’t find them, then just buy the normal packet of mixed spice, then you heat them in the wok, make sure you stir it while it’s heating. If you feel that they are crispy enough already, then pound them or blend them into powder.)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
50g finely crushed cornflakes
50g grated cheese
50g castor sugar
2 egg yolks
1. Sift together ingredients A; then stir in cornflakes; mix well and set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg yolks and beat well.
3. Fold in mixture A and grated cheese.
4. Mix well until soft dough forms.
5. Roll the dough into a rod about 1 1/2 inches, then use the fork to make the pattern. It looks like a mini bun 😛 If you want to glaze it with egg yolk, you can do that aslo. I skipped that part. Or another way is using cookie cutter to get the shape that you like.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 180 degree Celcius for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let it stand for 20 minutes.
This cookies is a bit more tedious but I love the cheeseeeeeeeeeeee… You can modified this recipe to make it a into Curry Cheese Cookies by replacing the spice powder with curry powder! This recipe uses a bit of sugar only therefore it’s not very sweet, if you like it sweeter then add a bit more sugar 😛 but don’t eat too sweet, reduce on the sugar intake is good for you.