Actually I found this recipe long time ago at Jen Jen’s Place and thought of trying it out but I’m so lazy. I save it as draft for so long.
Before CNY, I bought the Cheese Sticks from tHe Spring CNY Bazaar. It’s not sweet at all. I love it! I notice there’s black pepper in Cheese Sticks. Then I remember I saw black pepper listed in this recipe before. I think this is the recipe for it, should be similar.
- 250gm Butter
- 600gm flour
- 250gm grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 1/3cup fresh milk
- Mix flour, grated cheddar cheese, black pepper, salt and butter in a large bowl. Mix them well.
- You can use your hand or the mixer at low speed. You should be getting crumble texture at this time.
- Mix in the fresh milk and knead.
- The dust the table and rolling pin slightly.
- Take 1/3 of the dough and knead into a ball.
- Flatten out on the dusted table using the rolling pin.
- Cut into desire shape and placed on butter baking tray.
- Baked in oven at 200 degree for about 15-20 minutes or until it is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let it cool on the rack. Keep in airtight container.
Comments on “Cheddar Cheese Cookies”
I thought it was french fries in my first sight! I also like cooking and baking.. too bad i don’t have an oven for be to bake biscuits. Normally i just steam my cake.. Hmm, i might put up some cake recipe of mine in my blog too huh.. nice knowing u, Irene..
sakaigirl, nice to know you too. 😉 You didn’t mention I also don’t notice hahaha… Really looked like fries.