Here you go… My new laptop after 5 years! Ended up with Acer Aspire V5-471G-53334G50B mainly because of the price factor. Would have gone for the newer model with touchscreen or other brand but they’re way over my budget, do not want to spend a fortune on a laptop anymore. Tried some with touchscreen yesterday and I’m so glad I didn’t go for touchscreen, don’t like it because the screen is shaky when you tap on it. Hence, this is good enough for me.
IntelÂ® Coreâ„¢ i5-3337U Processor
1.8GHz, 3MB Smart cache
Max Turbo Frequency 2.7 GHz
14″ HD 1366 x 768 resolution, Acer CineCrystalâ„¢ LED
NVIDIAÂ® GeForceÂ® 710M with 2 GB of dedicated DDR3 VRAM,
4GB DDR3 RAM
500GB SATA HDD
8X DVD Super Multi Plus Drive
Gigabit Ethernet, Wake-on-LAN ready
Acer InviLinkâ„¢ Nplifyâ„¢ 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIEDâ„¢ supporting Acer SignalUpâ„¢ wireless technology
Multi-gesture touchpad, supporting two-finger scroll and pinch. Swipes access charms, application commands and previous applications
Acer Crystal Eye HD webcam, 1280 x 720 resolution
One USB 3.0 & Two USB 2.0 ports
HDMIâ„¢ port with HDCP support, LAN/VGA combo port cable
342 (W) x 245 (D) x 20/23 (H) mm 2.1 KG
It’s on Windows 8 and I’m still trying to get used to it. Feel rather dumb when I first had my hands on it.
– Lighter and slimmer than my previous laptop.
– Like the feel of typing on the keyboard.
– Processing speed is acceptable, enough for my usage. I guess because it’s new.
I have Windows 8 now and a Windows Phone but I have problem making them communicate with each other -.-” I’m not a Windows supporter, just happened that everything is on Windows.
– No installation CD. I guess most machines does not come with this anymore.
– Very small arrow keys, too far apart.
– Enter key is so close to the key above it, kept pressing the key above instead of Enter key.
– Touch pad with no buttons, need to get used to it to locate the hidden button.
– No privacy with the screen. I prefer screen that doesn’t allow people to see what you’re doing from the sides.
– Don’t like the blue, should have chosen purple, blame myself for this ;p
– Number of USB port isn’t enough for my usage. What do you expect from a slim machine?
The downsides are more than the upsides but they are pretty trivial. Not a big deal. Overall, this laptop is good enough for me to use. Most importantly it’s within my budget for the specifications I want.