It’s been ages I didn’t post anything related to cooking or recipes. Hehehe… I seldom bake or cook for almost a year 😛 The only time I slaved myself in the kitchen was few weeks before CNY. Other days, I’m not in the kitchen unlike few years back where I could actually have the mood to bake for no reason but not last year.
Finally… Something from me to share with you. It’s very easy to do. My mom saw it on TV and we tried to do it for CNY. Vegetarian anchovies, it’s quite nice. Once you eat, you can’t stop eating. Hahaha… The method of doing it is very similar to doing seaweed twist. OK… Here’s what you need…
Tofu skin also known as dried beancurd
*no measurement, just do until the egg white finish.
1. Spread the egg white on the tofu skin/dried beancurd.
2. Paste the seaweed sheet on it. You can paste another seaweed sheet if you like. If so, then spread the egg white on the earlier seaweed sheet and paste the second one on top.
3. Spread the egg white on the other tofu skin/dried beancurd or on the seaweed sheet, paste them together. You will have seaweed sheet(s) sanwiched in between the tofu skin/dried beancurd.
4. Cut them into strips with scissors, the finer the better because you want to achieve the size of anchovies.
5. Deep fried until it turned brownish.
*There is no need to add salt or anything as the tofu skin/dried beancurd is salty already. However, you can sprinkle a bit of pepper to have the peppery taste.
Yum… yum… Crispy and salty. Great to have it on its own or you can have it with porridge.
P/S: If you don’t eat egg, then you can replace it with cornflour, however it didn’t work for me, I’m not sure why, the cornflour couldn’t stick them together that’s why I resorted to using egg white.