I made Cornflakes Marshmallow for CNY. I’ve been trying to look for such recipe that requires no baking for ages online, couldn’t seem to find any, all required baking. Finally found it in Big Oven using my phone application ;p The original recipe is called Cornflakes Holly and I modified it as usual.
- 40 small plain marshmallows (Coloured or not it’s up to you, apparently the pink colour was pretty strong hence the pink coating that you can see in the photo. Do not use those with filling.)
- 4 tablespoon of butter (add on if you found that it’s too sticker or the marshmallow having trouble melting)
- 2 to 2 1/2 cup of cornflakes
- Use double boiler to melt butter and marshmallow.
- Add in cornflakes once the butter and marshmallow have melted completely.
- Mix them well.
- Spoon the mixture into paper cup.
- Leave it to cool and store in air-tight container.
My verdict… Not bad at all! 😉 Not too sweet. It’s cripsy and chewy at the same time. Oh… One more thing, the butter you use can make or break the taste too.